Let’s all agree to cross our fingers and pray that the weather gods bless Otter Creek Child Center with spectacular weather on Saturday!
OCCC is throwing their second annual Otter Romp this Saturday, June 11 at Lincoln Peak Vineyard from 6:00pm – 9:00pm. The Otter Romp is a shining example of what makes a truly family friendly event, not surprising since the organizers spend their days caring for our littlest community members. Want to learn more about this awesome event, read on to learn why we’re recommending taking the whole family out to this fun event.
- First off, space. We all know kids need physical space and you’ll find plenty of space at Lincoln Peak. The event is indoor/outdoor, rain or shine, so fortunately between the open indoor space, the covered wrap around porch and the beautifully manicured lawns, kids and adults will have plenty of space to romp.
- Picnic friendly. We love picnic dinners! Throw whatever you have in the fridge into a cooler, grab a blanket and ta-da dinner is ready to go.
- Food truck because sometimes even throwing food in a cooler is going to kill you (we hear you, there are a lot of those days in our lives too). If you’re having one of those days, fear not, the Green Pastures Food Truck will be on property serving up burgers, dogs, chips and drinks for purchase. Phew.
- Local wine available for purchase, need we say more?
- Homemade pie. Does it get better than homemade pie? Plus their available for purchase by the slice or by the pie.
- Finally, live music from the retro 70’s group Discolicious. Spectacular outfits included.
We hope you can join us for this fun evening. If you need to know more, check out the event page here. There’s also going to be a 50/50 raffle at the event and OCCC is hosting an online auction if you can’t make it to the event. Check out the auction here. There are tons of great local offerings up but bidding ends Friday, June 10, so hop over there soon.