yum, yum, extra yum! Berry picking is a fun (and delicious) outing with kids. Right now strawberries are in season and some of our local farms offer visitors the opportunity to pick their own berries and buy as many as you gather. Berry picking is a great way to get outside and burn some energy, support local business and show your family where food really comes from. Here are our four favorite farms with berries:
- Douglas Orchards in Shoreham (802-897-5043) This 4th generation farm has PYO apples, strawberries and 1/2 an acre of PYO raspberries. There is a farm stand as well.
- Charlotte Berry Farm in Charlotte (802 425-3652).
- They have pick your own and pre-picked strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and pumpkins.
- Local honey and maple syrup.
- Now offers creemees
- Wood’s Market Garden in Brandon. They has certified organic berry picking with family-friendly fields in Brandon (802.247.6630). You can find them on facebook too.
- Champlain Orchards in Shoreham (802) 897-2777
- Pick your own rasberries from July – October (call for availablity)
- Pick your own apples in the Fall (call for availability)
Where do you pick your berries? Email us and we’ll add it to our list! Or leave a comment below to share with our community.