February break is right around the corner, so we’re sharing our favorite local vacation camps and activities with you.
Have a better idea? Email us suggestions!
- Join the Middlebury College Snow School for the February Special. A series of 5 one-hour ski clinics offered for children 5 years & older and snowboard clinics for children 8 years & older, for all ability levels. Clinics include lots of mileage with others of similar age and ability. Students deemed eligible may use the lifts with their name tags from 8:30-12:30 for A.M. clinics and from 12:30-4:00 for P.M. clinics. Call the Snow School at 802-443-7605 to learn more and enroll. 2/15 – 2/19 11:00-12:00 OR 2/15 – 2/19 1:00-2:00 Fee: $110
- Join the Young Writers Group at Ilsley Public Library! For students in grades k-3. Does your child like to tell stories? Join librarian Tricia Allen and special guests authors and illustrators Cotey Gallagher, Marcia Wells, Ashley Wolff, and Phoebe Stone as they guide kids writing and illustrating original stories for submission to the PBS Kids Writers Contest. Register in advance at 388-4097 or online. 2/16-2/19 daily from 1:30-2:30pm. Free.
- Join Middlebury Parks and Recreation Department for their 3rd annual Winter Sportacular Camp at the Middlebury Municipal Gym! Laser tag, indoor golf, playgrounds, arcades, bumper cars and more! Children will spend the week doing camp favorites and going on special trips to the Memorial Sports Center to ice skate and Pizza Put. Scholarship and payment plans are available. 2/15-2/19 9:00 am – 4:00 pm daily.Enroll online or in person at Middlebury Town Offices. fee: $175-resident, $201.25 non-resident
- Go enjoy an exotic swim in the Mt. Abe pool in Bristol. There will be music and lifeguards on duty on 2/15, 2/17 and 2/19 from 9:30-12:00. Swimming is fun for all and a great way to get out some extra vacation energy! Children 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Brought to you by: Bristol Recreation Department. Fee:$3.00 per swimmer, per day.
- Check out the Winter Adventure Camp! For grades 3-6 on 2/16 and 2/17 from 8:30am – 4:30pm. Come to Common Ground Center and join our staff for two fun-filled days in the snow! With 700 acres to explore we’ll snowshoe, track and learn about wildlife, sled, play games and build snow forts! Between outdoor activities we’ll warm up inside our lodge with board games, crafts and hot chocolate. Morning and afternoon snacks are provided, participants must bring their own lunch, sled and winter clothing. Location: Common Ground Center Instructor: Common Ground Staff. Online registration through Bristol Recreation Department. $90 resident, $100 non-resident.
- TaeKwon Do February Break Camp at Aurora School for grades K-6. Mornings will be TaeKwon Do & self-defense/bully awareness based activities and afternoons will be Luau fun and crafts. NO TaeKwon Do experience necessary. Registration is required with full payment by February 10th. Minimum required is 12 – maximum is 24. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. 2/15 – 2/18 (Monday – Thursday) from 8:00 – 3:00. $135 for week, $50 per day.