You better get to planning the three (or four day — ACSU, ANESU + ANWSU have Monday and Tuesday off) weekend is quickly approaching! Whatever your plans, consider checking out a few of these hots spots in and outside Addison County this weekend. *this post has been updated because Saturday swim at Mt. Abe has been canceled this week*
- In Burlington, the ECHO Leahy Center for Lake Champlain hosts a Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Day on Monday with musical performances, kids’ activities and a program from the Peace & Justice Center. Admission to ECHO is free that day.
- Hit the slopes at one of these 5 Lesser Known Vermont Ski Hills – spoiler alter – our local hill, the Middlebury College Snow Bowl, is on this list and is our top pick for where to ski and ride!
- Organizing, cleaning or declutter in your plans? Consider dropping off your gently used children’s books at The Vermont Book Shop during the Martin Luther King Day of Service Children’s Book Drive, hosted by Bonnie’s Book Foundation. All books will go directly into the hands of local kids who need and want them. This is a great service project to do with your kids! Donations accepted Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, January 16-18 at the Vermont Book Shop.
- Cheer on the Middlebury College Panthers! Multiple teams have home games this weekend, including the Men + Women Ice Hockey, Men’s Basketball, Men’s + Women’s Swimming and Diving, and Men’s + Women’s Squash.
- Skate with the Panther Women after their 3:00 pm game against Endicott on Saturday. Team pictures provided.
- Give these muffins a try, they’re easy enough to do with kids, or a great recipe for preteens and teens to do on their own. Going dairy free? Skip the butter and add a banana instead.
Do you travel for the long weekend or stay local?