There’s two great gear swaps to hit up this weekend if you’re in shopping mood. Locally, check out the annual Quarry Hill School Sale (ironically at the Bridge School, but held rain or shine). Or, if you’re headed north, stop by the Kids City Gear Swap (also a rain or shine event).
Vermonters and visitors can also enjoy a free sample of Vermont’s fishing, state parks, cultural and historic resources during the annual Vermont Days weekend celebration this weekend. If the weather cooperates, this is a great chance to get out and explore our state parks.
- Free Day use at all Vermont State parks – all weekend
- Free Entry at State Historic Parks
- Free Admission to Vermont History Museum – Saturday, June 8
- Free fishing day – Saturday, June 8
- June 8: Go Fly a Kite… at Hubbarton Battlefield, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Learn how to make a simple kite or bring your own to fly and enjoy our freedoms.
- June 8: Grand Isle Fishing Festival at the Ed Weed Fish Culture Station in Grand Isle. Designed for young anglers, this free event offers basic fishing instruction and the chance for kids to catch big trout in a pond next to the hatchery. 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- June 8: Lorax Day at Quechee State Park, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Activities throughout the day include a Lorax story walk, a “Truffle” tree identification walk, a Find the Lorax compass class, a Lorax craft activity and a Lorax obstacle course. Come join the fun!
- June 8: Mount Independence History Program Paul Gillies, Vermont historian and attorney, presents the annual J. Robert Maguire lecture. 1:00 p.m.
- June 9: Justin Smith Morrill Homestead Open House Come tour the house, stroll the trails and visit the lovely gardens. Free refreshments and dessert make this one sweet deal! 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
What’s your family doing this weekend? As always, email us suggestions!