Wondering how to keep your preschooler busy this winter? Us too! Here’s what we’ve found so far, email us recommendations if you have them.
Toddler dance class at Spotlight on Dance. Classes Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Ages 3-5. Registration here: http://spotlightvermont.com/
Learn to Skate: Introduces skating and hockey skills (with emphasis on skating) to children ages 4-7 in two 6-week sessions, meeting once weekly on Saturdays. A fun, first experience on the ice. Session 2 starts 1/4 from 3:15-4:15 (all other sessions are from 3:30-4:30). To register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skating Lessons: Heather Hardt will be teaching ice skating lessons beginning Tuesday, January 7th at 10:45 a.m. Heather will teach (two) four week classes in January and February. Each class is only $15.00 and that is a bargain for the great instruction you or your family member will enjoy! Children must be able to get up and stay up on their own! Sign up now at www.middleburyparksandrec.org
- Beginner Ballet Classes: Thursdays (ages 3-4) and Fridays (ages 4-7) at Middlebury Warming Hut. Classes began 11/18 and run through 1/31. No classes 11/25-11/29 or 12/21-1/3. 8 Week Session, Cost: $80 per class, per session. Sign up now at www.middleburyparksandrec.org
- Toddler Thursdays @ Whirlies World: Bounce house fun! Special prices from 10-noon. Paid admission to bounce house gets your child a free popcorn and a juice box. 5 yrs. & under.
- Alpine Ski School at Middlebury Snow Bowl: Sign up any day of the week for private alpine ski lessons for 3 and 4 year olds (half hour at $29, hour at $57). Saturday and Sunday options available too. Learn more here. For more about lessons/series/vacation specials for 5 and up look here.
- Nordic Ski School at Rikert Nordic Center: Toddler Tuesdays is designed to get you and your child outside – skiing separately (age 3-5). Meets from 12:30-1:30 p.m.. Snowflakes Saturday morning program for 3.5 -5 year olds will introduce them to skiing and fun (ages 3.5-5). Learn more here.
- Swim Lessons at Vermont Sun: Thursdays (1/9-2/13), novice and beginning swimmers age 2-5 years (parents are required to participate in water). Look for “Tadpoles/Frogs” classes here. As of today, they still have a few spaces left.
- Yoga for Kids (2 Wolves Center in Vergennes): Stories, songs and lots of movement! Monday mornings from 9:00-10:00 for little yogi’s 18m-3 years (with Parents) and 10:30-11:30 for preschool yogi’s aged 3-5 (drop-off, parent participation not required). Starts 1/6. Learn more here (drop in, $14 per class).
- Art Classes (Vergennes): To register and find out more email Bethany
Tuesdays at Vergennes Opera House (9:00-10:15) classes will combine movement, music and visual art pertaining to the overarching class theme. Classes and dates for Tuesday series are as follows:
Under the Sea, January 7,14,21,28, 9-10:15am , $50
Dinosaurs, February 4,11,25, 9-10:15am , $40
In the Jungle, March 4,11,18,25, 9-10:15, $50
Dr.Suess, April 1,8,15,29, 9-10:15am, $50
Eric Carle, May 6,13,20,27, 9-10:15am, $50
Wednesday at Studio V from (9:00-10:00 a.m.), classes will be taught by Bethany Farrell and will be visual art classes where students will explore a variety of mediums and processes! Themes and dates for Wed. class series are as follows:
Life in the Ocean, January 8,15,22,27 9-10am $40
Digging for Dinos February 5,12,26 9-10am $30
All Around the Farm March 5,12,19,26 9-10am $40
Space April 2,9,16,23 9-10am $40
Gardens and Fairies May 7,14,21,28 $40